RECIPE: Fun Fall Snack Mix!
CRANBERRY-PUMPKIN SPICE SNACK MIX
This fruit and nut mixture offers a taste of fall, with pumpkin spice and dried cranberries. (Perfect for an on-the-go food*)
- 1 cup diced dried (sulfite-free/unsulfured) apricots
- 1/2 cup dried (sulfite-free/unsulfured) cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted or lightly salted roasted (organic…skip the chemical wash and pesticides*) almonds or sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted or lightly salted roasted (organic*) peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a gallon size plastic bag and seal.
- Toss the bag around to mix all of the ingredients well.
Makes 3 1/2 cups or 10 servings (1/3 cup each); or 4 cups if adding white chocolate chips
Per serving (1/3 cup each): 208 calories, 7 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 14.5 g fat (1.9 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 2 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 56%.
NOTE: If you add the white chocolate chips, it will add 30 calories, 2 grams fat, and 1 gram saturated fat to each serving.
(Recipe:Elaine Magee; photo:countrytartrecipes.blogspot)